The Management Board and Supervisory Board of ADLER Real Estate Aktiengesellschaft declare pursuant to section 161 of the German Stock Corporation Act:
Since issuing its last declaration pursuant to section 161 of the German Stock Corporation Act (AktG) in December 2021 and updating it in March 2022, ADLER Real Estate Aktiengesellschaft has complied with the recommendations of the “Government Commission on the German Corporate Governance Code” as amended from time to time, currently dated 28 April 2022 (“Code”), with the following exceptions, and will continue to comply with the recommendations in the future with the following exceptions:
- In deviation from recommendation A.1 of the Code, the corporate planning does not currently contain any sustainability-related goals due to the special situation of the company, as the current economic situation of the company does not allow for the implementation of CO2-reducing measures.
- In deviation from recommendation C.12 of the Code, members of the Supervisory Board may also perform board functions or advisory duties at significant competitors of the Company. The Management Board and Supervisory Board are of the opinion that the experience gained from such activities can be used profitably for ADLER Real Estate AG.
- In deviation from recommendations D.2 and D.4 of the Code, the Supervisory Board has not currently formed a nomination committee or other committees, as the Supervisory Board currently consists of three members and the formation of committees would thus not lead to any increase in the effectiveness of the work of the Supervisory Board. Since the Supervisory Board consists of only three members, it is also the Audit Committee pursuant to section 107 (4) sentence 2 AktG.
- In deviation from recommendation D.3 of the Code, the Chairman of the Supervisory Board also chairs the Audit Committee. The Supervisory Board consists of only three members. The other members of the company’s Supervisory Board are members of the Board of Directors of the parent company and controlling shareholder Adler Group S.A. The assumption of the chairmanship of the Audit Committee by the Chairman of the Supervisory Board is intended to comply with recommendation C.10 of the Code that the chairman of the Audit Committee should be independent of the controlling shareholder.
- In deviation from recommendation F.2 of the Code, the consolidated financial statements and the Group management report for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2022, will not be published within the period recommended by the Code, but within the statutory period. Reason for the deviation is the fact that the parent company, which does not reside in Germany, has provided a corresponding schedule for its economic reporting.
- In deviation from Recommendation F.2 of the Code, the interim reports as of March 31, 2023, June 30, 2023 (half-year report) and September 30, 2023, will not be published within the period recommended by the Code, but within the statutory period. Reason for the deviation is the fact that the parent company, which does not reside in Germany, has provided a corresponding schedule for its economic reporting.
- In deviation from recommendation G.2, the Supervisory Board does not determine a specific target total remuneration for each individual Executive Board member, but approves the remuneration granted to some Executive Board members by Adler Group S.A. within the framework of Group employment contracts.
ADLER Real Estate Aktiengesellschaft
Berlin, December 2022